The Renaissance Treatment Center is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit corporation. We are located in Prince George's County Maryland, near Washington D.C. Our center was established in 1996 to address the addiction and mental health issues faced by many individuals in the Washington Metropolitan area.
Our professional staff directs an individualized treatment program built upon cognitive- behavioral change and 12-step philosophy emphasizing the client’s strengths and competencies, non-denominational spirituality, and continuing care placement.
We believe that the client’s perceptions, participation, and dedication are essential to all aspects of the treatment program. Clients are actively encouraged to set their priorities and re-evaluate them throughout the program.
We believe that addiction is a progressive, chronic, and fatal disease that affects all aspects of the client’s life, especially the family. Almost all family members and/or significant others are affected by living with addicts. This is why Renaissance Treatment Center is committed to providing holistic care which involves the participation of family and/or family surrogates and community support networks whenever possible. We offer specialized services for mental health and co-occurring issues due to the prevalence of these problems in individuals suffering from addiction.
In 1997, the Renaissance Treatment Center became certified by the Maryland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Administration. This certification has been uninterrupted. We are certified to provide outpatient addiction and mental health services which include:
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Traditional Outpatient Treatment for adults and adolescents
- Court ordered Alcohol and Drug education classes
- Employer referred substance abuse related services
- We are certified by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) to provide impaired driver services including:
- MVA approved, 12 hour DWI education classes
- MVA approved, 26 week DWI treatment services